St Augustine is one of my favorite cities and why shouldn’t it be? It’s full of rich history and beautiful architecture. It’s an ideal place to want to get married, and it’s why so many couples do. Your guests will definitely appreciate the beauty of this amazing city. Plus, they can stick around after you head off to that honeymoon, there’s so much to do! And because I’m sure you’re already sold on how awesome St Augustine is, here are 5 GORGEOUS St Augustine wedding venues to consider for your wedding (listed in no particular order – they’re all pretty great):
1. The White Room – You could have the ceremony here, or just the reception, or both. You could take in those beautiful views of the Matanzas River from the rooftop during the nuptials and then head down to the Loft Dining Room to party. OR you could save the rooftop for the reception and have the ceremony in the Villa Blanca, which is a stunning, all white chapel looking room. Either way, it’s going to wow your guests. And bonus, the property has all these cute little nooks and crannies for photos.
2. The Peña-Peck House – Remember the movie, Secret Garden? This venue kind of reminds me of that movie. But with a tropical/plantation feel. Then again, I haven’t seen that movie in years… The takeaway here, is that your guests will feel like they were invited into a magical, romantic garden party. The string lights and greenery make this venue feel charmingly intimate and you can really do whatever you want with the space. You could have a fun daytime brunch wedding, or a more romantic dinner after dark.
3. The Assembly Room at Art ‘n Motion – That’s a mouthful. Let’s call it the Assembly Room for short. The Assembly Room has a really cool urban feel. If I was a guest at a wedding here, I would be like, “man, that’s one cool couple.” The combo of brick, wood, and industrial fixtures reminds me so much of Brooklyn (New York, I miss you!). There are 5 different spaces to choose from so they can accommodate both large and small weddings. When not a wedding venue, this place is a showroom for beautiful vintage cars! How cool is that?!
4. The Treasury on the Plaza – If you want your wedding to be immersed in history, this venue used to be a bank and you can still see all the original architectural details in what is now the Grande Ballroom. We’re talking marble floors, original Romanesque columns, and, major cool factor, the bar is in the historic 1927 bank vault. The Treasury gives exclusive access to each of their couples so you don’t have to worry about multiple events going on at the same time, their different venue spaces are all available for you to use to your little heart’s content. They also professionally light the whole space and provide plenty of décor so you don’t have to pay extra for a lighting package or bring in a rental company. The less work for the bride or groom, the better. Amiright?
5. The Lightner Museum – If you’re at all familiar with St Augustine (even if you just saw a picture on one of those brochures or a travel blog), you’ve seen the Lightner Museum. Like the Treasury, they offer exclusive wedding access and include professional lighting and décor items (Gold Chiavari chairs? Yes, please!). This impressive venue is very unique. The ceiling is 3 stories high, giving your wedding this grandiose feel that you just can’t get at other venues. The Historic Pool, which is like the main ballroom of the venue, is so versatile and gives you this feeling of being outside in a courtyard and when you look up, you can see your guests enjoying cocktails or dinner on the mezzanine. Definitely the kind of venue to leave a lasting impression on each and every one of your guests.
All set with St Augustine Wedding Venues but still looking for an experienced photographer? I’d love to be there for you. St Augustine wedding photographers book up fast so let’s make this happen before someone else snatches up your date!
And since you’re already here, check out some of my tips for having the best wedding day ever. Much love <3